Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome...

Blogging has been on my mind for over 2 years now and I'm just now getting around to it. When thinking of what I would discuss, the obvious choice was something I love and appreciate... BASKETBALL (with the occasional other major sports sprinkled in)! I've been around ball my entire life. Started on the playground in Pontiac, MI, watching an older kid in the neighborhood play. I worshiped that dudes every move and thought I should probably start trying to play myself if I want to get out there one day and play with the older kids. From that very moment, when I realized I wanted to start playing the game, I fell in love with it. Now most throw the word "love" around, but I really mean that I fell in LOVE with the game. Back in the early 90's it started with shooting around on my own and putting in work with the recess kids daily, to playing pick-up with the kids in my neighborhood. I use to drag my brother, Nick, around with me so I always had someone to play with. Then came trying to play against others in a league setting. I got my first opportunity when my baseball coach asked me to play for his basketball squad. We were pretty good and it was there that I got my first taste of how to move and cut and share the ball. Before it was all ME and doing whatever I could to get my own shot. Let's just say that my world was rocked when I got left out from playing big minutes because I didn't understand (from my coaches' perspective) the game. That devastated me! But like the competitor I am, I worked hard at improving my game and playing with others to prove I could compete. Boyyyy did that help! From that point on I made sure I would never be the one on the bench again. My goal was to outwork everyone and to contribute to my team, regardless of the level of ball I was playing.

Now that you have some background on how the love of the game for me started, I want to break down my experiences from every level I played at...

Stay tuned!!!

FHR

No comments:

Post a Comment